Steven Bowman - Mystical Musician

2015.06.06 NY Special Event, NYC

Steven Bowman is a comic book artist and freelance illustrator from Louisville, Ky. Bowman published his first comic "Astounding Tales Presents: Rooftops" in 2010 featuring his character the Blue Badger...

Bowman was one of those artist I was not looking for when I went to the show. Late Saturday afternoon, when I thought I was done for the day, I was wandering aimlessly and came upon Bowman's table. I stopped to look at his work and was taken by a print of a mystical musician playing an old wooden stringed instrument.  A Beautiful girl at his side and a very large dragon in the background. I enjoy fantasy art but find it difficult to find the right first day cover for this type of art. Then it hit me.. the mystical musician and Jimi Hendrix.  A perfect combination, as could envision him playing in the band...

Comments