J.M. DeSantis - Chadhiyana

2014.10.11 New York Comic Con, NYC

"Sagreembal learned his cruelty from the great enemy, but it is said he learned his wisdom and cunning from the dragons"...

I was finishing my day at Comic Con by visiting the small press area when I stopped to look at the sketches on display at DeSantis' booth. Something about his style caught my interest. Although I was getting ready to leave and did not have much time, I asked for a sketch, something related to DeSantis' book Chadiyana. Although there are no dragons in the story, the serpent Sagreembal has a relationship to dragons, J.M. provided a quick sketch, which he did while standing up (I'm impressed).

J.M. DeSantis is a writer and artist, and creator of Chadhiyana the heroine of an India-inspired fantasy. DeSantis' approaches his writing as if they were historical events. His art utilizes traditional methods of acrylics, watercolors, colored pencils and ink.

Works include - writer and artist for GWP Presents, Planet Lovecraft Magazine and Psychosis Today. Penciller for Comicbook Artists Guild Anthology and Iconic...



Comments