Ed Coutts - Wasp

2014.11.08 - Superheroes for Hospice, Livingston, NJ

I am always amazed at the beauty of Ed Coutts' work. I knew he was going to be at the Hospice show and I  was prepared to ask for a Lady Liberty sketch. Then  I started looking through some of his prints, and his drawing of Wasp changed my mind. I had a dragonfly first day cover, which I was hoping for the right set of circumstances, the right character and the right artist...  Time was right...

I first starting thinking of obtaining a Wasp sketch after having seen a sketch from Jason Baroody at show earlier in the year. When I saw Ed's version it was a must have for me. As usual Ed did not disappoint...

Wasp was created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee in 1963, Tales to Astonish #44. A founding member of the Avengers...

Besides the bevy of beauties Ed always draws, he had some excellent monster prints, I especially like the Creature from the Black Lagoon...
Ed Coutts Art Portfolio site

Dragonfly is a villain from Marvel comics, created by Chris Claremont and Len Wein for Uncanny X-Men #94 (1975).  Rik Levins created a Dragonfly character for Americomics, in 1983, who became a member of Femforce. One day I hope to add a sketch of her to the mix...

Comments