Bob Petrecca - Star Lord

2014.07.20 Jersey Shore Comic Con, Toms River, NJ

Bob Petrecca started his career in 1990 at Marvel Comics as one of John Romita's Raiders. This eventually led to freelance inking and finishing work for Marvel, DC and Continuity Comics.
Petrecca has worked on titles that include Captain America, Thor, Doctor Strange, Hyperkind, MS. Mystic, Justice League of America, Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Batman, Night wing, Scooby-Doo, Wonder Woman and many others...

When I approached Petrecca he was intrigued and started looking through my selection of covers. He stopped at the 1993 space fantasy first day cover and offered to draw one of the Guardians of the Galaxy. I had no idea what I was going to get. When I saw the finished product I was amazed...

Star Lord, leader of the space-based Guardians, created by Steve Englehart and Steve Gans in 1976, with his first appearance in Marvel Premiere #4.

Comments