Peng Peng - Adventure Time

2013.10.12 NY Comic Con, NYC

Penelope "Peng-Peng" Gaylord likes fantasy art, cheesecake poses, mint chocolate chip ice cream, and mermaids. Finds inspiration from her husband, anime, comics and video games...

Gaylord studied graphic design at American University is currently inking Boom Studios' "Fanboys Vs Zombies" and has done an exclusive cover for "Adventure Time with Fionna and Cake" issue #1...

I was not a fan the first time I saw the Adventure Time cartoon, but my son Matt told me to give it a chance. I watched a few more episodes and now I am a fan. I wanted to obtain a sketch of Finn and Jake on a Lewis & Clark cover, which commemorates their adventure across the Western portion of the US from 1804-1806. By a wild stretch of the imagination I could picture Finn and Jake taking the roles of Lewis and Clark with Princes Bubblegum in the role of Sacagawea, as they cross uncharted territories...

Gaylord drew Finn and Jake along with Lumpy Space Princess (Peng-Peng's favorite character)...

At the site BuzzFeed Geeky, Gaylord was one of 20 female artists who provided advice for female artists fro artist alley at the 2013 NY Comic Con... Her advice "DO YOU. Don't let others tell you otherwise."

Penelope was named after the cartoon character Penelope Pitstop...

Comments